Trainee Energy Manager
The basic role is to review costs incurred through the use of gas and electricity for Landlord supplies on behalf of managing agents, including invoice auditing, unit cost analysis, and comparing this to alternative supply arrangements.
The Trainee Energy Manager will make proposals to change existing contracts and then implement this change. There will also be the need to assist in the set-up and operation of tenant billing projects, acting as an interface between the client and internal departments, ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
This developing role requires good organisational, numeracy, customer service, presentation, interpersonal, time management and communicational skills
About the role
- Act as initial point of contact for new and existing clients via telephone, post and email, ensuring all requirements are acted upon as a priority, with accurate information being provided at all times.
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain quotations and resolve invoicing queries as necessary.
- Provide quotations and reports to clients in a time bound manner.
- Maintain records, communications and tasks relating to contract end dates and projects, ensuring renewal arrangements are completed in good time.
- Request regular site visits and liaise with work colleagues and technical staff.
- Look for ways to reduce client costs for energy consumption.
- Compile utility budgets and energy conversation measure costs.
- Provide support for Senior Energy Managers in the set up and operation of tenant billing projects, acting as an interface between the client and internal departments, ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate behaviour that is professional, ethical and responsible, and serve as a role model for all colleagues and staff.
- Pro-actively generate new clients at all times promoting the company’s mission, aims and ethos.
- Assist in day to day operations of the business including administration, sales, marketing and customer service.
- Head Office: Bishops Stortford
- Hours: 8:30am to 5.00pm
- Job Type: Permanent
- Reporting to: Senior Energy Manager
- Salary: £22k – £24k
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Sickness insurance scheme
- Free gym
- Free parking
- Training and development
- You must be living and authorised to work in the UK to apply for this position